PROGRAMMING NOTE: there have been some issues with the newsletter that I hope to have resolved in the next day. Thank you for your patience.
Every Wednesday, this newsletter presents a roundup of the best gender critical news and content we have found in the last week, including action items such as petitions and opportunities for public comment on pending legislation.
- Exactly what the hell is so “left” about slurs like TERF and SWERF? We are still waiting for answers. This week, Professor Robert Jensen of the University of Texas at Austin challenges the way “leftists and many feminists routinely abandon” their critiques of capitalism to hate on radical feminism; Jonah Mix notes that “every single major communist government saw prostitution as a counterrevolutionary system“
- The Cambridge University Rape Crisis Centre is doubling-down on their decision to hire trans-identified men into their counseling services for woke points
- Zach Elliot has your handy riposte to that awful Scientific American op-ed that genderists keep pretending is peer-reviewed science
- Jitendra Gurjar, a 31 year-old man, has been arrested for kidnapping a very young girl in India because he “was unhappy about not having a child” with his transgender wife of five years
- Labour councilor Roger Spackman will serve just ten months in jail for possessing more than a million images of children being raped after the judge said he was “of good character working hard in public service” before his arrest. Spackman worked in a secure home for children and his lawyer claims that he would “pretend he was a girl being abused” as if that makes it better
Third Wave Feminism pic.twitter.com/2ZHnpz1ZXI
— Tatsuya Ishida (@TatsuyaIshida9) July 28, 2020
- Despite their best efforts to squelch sales of Abigail Shrier’s new book Irreversible Damage: the Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters, it is the number one bestseller in Amazon.com’s LGBT Political Issues category
- Girlguiding, the UK equivalent of the Girl Scouts, is spending a ton of cash to defend putting grown men in the same tent with young girls. You can support Katie Alcock, the whistleblower who is now suing the organization, through her Crowdfunder page
- Today in “why this is not a debate:” visiting this link will automatically download the latest issue of the magazine of the UK’s National Union of Journalists. On page 13, there is a balanced article about the problems of reporting on transgender rapists. Of course, because the article is balanced, only one side ends up looking like unreasonable pro-rape extremists
- Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull interviews Marcus Evans, the former head of Tavistock, about his concerns that pediatric transition is the new gay conversion therapy
- Scott Newgent, a trans man who criticizes gender ideology and the medicalization of children, is organizing a speaking tour of “rational trans people.” He spoke to Benjamin Boyce about his plans yesterday
Featured image via @jebrux. Back with more gender bullets next week!