Each Wednesday, this newsletter presents a roundup of the best gender critical news and content we have found in the last week, including action items such as petitions and opportunities for public comment on pending legislation.
- BREAKING: Graham Linehan has a Telegram channel. Download the app to your phone and find him there! It’s as close as you can get to retweeting him again.
- If you still have a Twitter account, please take a moment to participate in my poll:
The word "mammal" implies sexual dimorphism. Given the witch-burning of JK Rowling, how long until the word is deemed transphobic by Twitter?
— Gender Heretic (@OsborneInk) June 29, 2020
- “A narrative exists, as mainly propagated by the male-dominated, white-dominated, Eurocentric field of “gender studies,” in which no group of brown people knew how to tell the difference between males and females, until white people taught them how to have (a) sex“
- The NHS website no longer claims that puberty blockers are reversible
- The kids are peak transing: turns out loads of teenage girls in the UK are reportedly detransitioning as a result of the Corona virus lockdown, which is exactly what you would expect from a social contagion that is starved of its primary food source, namely attention. ROGD, QED
- What LGB Alliance founder Allison Bailey is going through in defense of her human rights has to be seen to be believed
- Earlier this week, I reported on Twitter that a prison therapist and social worker has been censored by Medium.com for reporting their lived experience working with transgender prisoners. Rest assured that the author of the document has been hard at work editing it and the full work will premiere as a exclusive in this newsletter
- April Rose demolishes the narrative of black trans women being especially frequent targets of hate violence in the UK
- Benjamin Boyce had the best hot take on the Reddit ban of r/gendercritical, the largest feminist community at that website, in its immediate aftermath. As I explained in this morning’s newsletter edition, the takedown was undoubtedly part of a broad campaign to shut down gender critical discussion before we could hit critical mass as an organizing force. Like the cancellation of JK Rowling, this was a miscalculation. We are mad as hell now, we will speak truth to power, and we will make them deal with it because free goddamn speech, is why
Back with more gender bullets next week!