A weekly digest of gender critical news & views
Each Wednesday, this newsletter presents a roundup of the best gender critical news and content we have found in the last week, including action items such as petitions and opportunities for public comment on pending legislation.
Transgender Trend have been instrumental in gathering the evidence and challenging the influence of lobby groups on children's health and education. They need more money to continue their important work. Please donate if you can. https://t.co/3cKm5HhTZ3
— Helen Saxby (@helensaxby11) June 18, 2020
- Remember how the accusations of transphobia began? JK Rowling objected to the erasure of women with the word “menstruators.” A petition to the charity in question, asking them to stop calling women “menstruators,” has been taken down by Change.org for supposed hate speech. Now the same petitioners have a Change.org petition to Change.org asking them to stop censoring women’s rights petitions. The CEO of Change.org has been made aware of the situation, so go tell him to stop silencing women who complain about being silenced
- It was not your imagination. The mainstream press really did channel the woke crowd and join in the JK Rowling pile-on. We are really are taking on the most successful organizational policy capture campaign in history
- Twitter satire at its best: trans Daniel Radcliffe is the most Daniel Radcliffe of all Daniel Radcliffes, for he was not born Daniel Radcliffe, but had to become Daniel Radcliffe
- Bookmarked: Civitas, a nonprofit organization in the UK, has a new report on “The Corrosive Impact of Gender Ideology” that’s a pretty good introductory read for anyone who is getting up to speed on these issues
- This review of gender clinic referrals in Oxfordshire, UK since 2009 is disturbing on all the usual levels
- Confronting the new Lysenkoism: a scientific paper on biological sex denial in academia reminds me of the biologists who stood up to Stalin’s favorite crank and then died in Siberia for their thoughtcrimes
- Turns out there is a legal precedent that might stand in the way of efforts to give women’s Title IX sports to men
- Did you know that it used to be possible to gender-bend without hormones or surgery? Really, it’s true! Hard to believe, I know, but we’ve come a long way since Boy George … a long way backwards, that is
- Wall Street Journal reporter Abigail Shrier, author of a book on the harms of pediatric transition that is being published next week, accuses the gender clinicians of “affirmative abandonment” of their responsibilities to patients
- Do you need a pick-me-up? A rousing speech to motivate you in this fight? Don’t worry! The talented Dr. Jessica Taylor has you covered right here
Back with more gender bullets next week!