Each Wednesday, this newsletter presents a roundup of the best gender critical news and content we have found in the last week, including action items such as petitions and opportunities for public comment on pending legislation.
- There were a lot of voices supporting author JK Rowling in the last week. I especially want to point out these French feminists, television presenter Neil Oliver, anthropology professor Kathleen Lowrey and this series of statements by other women canceled for gender thoughtcrimes, and this brilliant response to author Phillip Pullman, who clearly Does Not Get It
- No matter how hard you try to be “inclusive,” if you center women or girls in anything at all, ever, you become a horrible TERF who must be canceled
- Never fear, ladies, a man is now head of the women’s studies program at Rutgers University, everything will be okay now
- Would transgenderism be the first example of a medical establishment participating in profitable, generational quackery? No it would not be
- A detransitioner on the autism spectrum explains why gender identity hokum is so attractive to people struggling with ASD
- Are you ready for the radioactive link to a right wing website? OK, here goes: Ryan Anderson echoes the radical feminists regarding the inherent dangers of the Harris v EEOC decision and the need for legislative protection for sex-based rights in law, such as Title IX
- Journalist Helen Joyce is keeping a list of the bizarre and sexist definitions that people offer for the word “woman” in an effort to avoid saying something that might conceivably be deemed transphobic
They are organising a pile on to influence Liz Truss. If you want to write in support of her vision to protect women & children please do. Copy in Boris Johnson, details in Mermaids thread below. Time to say #notinmyname to men invading our spaces & sports. Pls RT & tag others https://t.co/tHt1Pmhv8S
— Emma Palermo – I Stand with JK Rowling (@worriedmumofone) June 16, 2020
- Save Women’s Sports is petitioning the International Olympic Committee to suspend their 2015 transgender guidelines for the Tokyo games. Current IOC rules allow men to dominate women’s events after suppressing testosterone for a single year, a measure which does not adequately address the physiological imbalance created by “including” male bodies in women’s athletics. Read and sign here
- This is your weekly reminder to support Vancouver Rape Relief, a charity that gives women a safe place to stay and heal after trauma, in response to local transgender activist and fringe politician Morgane Oger’s successful efforts to defund the organization because they exclude men from their volunteer activity. Oger denounces VRR’s policy as a slippery slope to genocide(!). Click here to support their important work
- Graham Linehan interviews Helen Staniland @helenstaniland, one of my favorite Twitter follows and easily among the most effective users I have ever seen. Her laser-like focus on getting people to answer a simple question — why do you want grown men in the same restroom with little girls? — never fails to unmask misogyny in respondents who want to make single-sex spaces ‘gender neutral.’ Watch:
Featured image via Tatsuya Ishida
Back with more gender bullets next week!