A weekly digest of gender critical news & views
Featured image by @jebrux
Each Wednesday, this newsletter presents a roundup of the best gender critical news and content we have found in the last week, including action items such as petitions and opportunities for public comment on pending legislation.
- BREAKING NEWS: World-renowned autism expert Tony Attwood tells The Australian his worries that gender transition is being “embraced with impulsive and unrealistic hopes of a fix for autism” because clinicians are too afraid to speak up
- If you have not taken the time to read it, do: Transgender Trend has a disturbing new report on Stonewall UK’s guidance to schools. Among the problems they point to? Language that deliberately conflates autism with gender dysphoria
- A new article in the Journal of Australiasian Psychiatry says that “affirmation” models of treatment for gender dysphoria more generally do not account for the nature of child brain development at all
- Australian women are petitioning two government ministers to explain their recent decision redefining the “scientific definition” of the word woman — and to specify which “international treaties” obligate Australia to adopt gender Lysenkoism, as the ministers claim. You can help resist the erasure of scientific reality and sex-based legal rights down under
- Lily Maynard takes apart “Hyperbole and the Trans Suicide Myth,” cementing a well-earned reputation as ‘the wrong kind of trans’
Trans-woman @Rose_Of_Dawn: "I agree that the government should be scrapping self-ID… it effectively just enshrines in law that a bearded bloke can be a woman and that in itself causes a lot of problems… I am incredibly happy with the level of rights that trans people have."
— Reasoned (@ReasonedUK) May 30, 2020
- Witch-burning chronicles: Professor Kathleen Lowery has been punished for her gender wrongthink at the University of Alberta. It is now demonstrably easier to get a female professor fired anonymously for gender thoughtcrimes than it is to get a male student expelled for rape
- The Canadian College of Physicians has ruled that the McLean Clinic made “several misleading and deceptive claims” in ads targeted at young women with dysphoria. The promotions drew widespread criticism for several issues, including “an image of a physician dressed in a Santa hat holding up buckets of breast tissue”
- Selina Todd reviews Female Husbands: a Trans History and finds a good example of how queer theory erases feminism and homosexuality in its pseudo-histories
- Dear women, they don’t give a shit about you: empowered by a major media company’s spin campaign, gender activists in New Zealand went out of their way to put a man in a woman’s prison during an extradition process even though “she” had already turned down a chance to be placed there
- The reason trans rights activism uses the same DARVO tactics as men’s rights activism is that it is in fact a form of men’s rights activism
Back with more gender bullets next week!