Hello everyone! Each Wednesday, this newsletter will present a roundup of the best gender critical news and content we have found in the last week, including action items such as petitions and opportunities for public comment on pending legislation.
- Save Women’s Sports has a petition calling on the International Olympic Committee to suspend their 2015 transgender guidelines for the Tokyo games. Current IOC rules allow men to dominate women’s events after suppressing testosterone for a single year, a measure which does almost nothing to address the physiological imbalance of coed sports. Read and sign here
- The backlash is building in UK: Warwickshire County Council has withdrawn their controversial “trans toolkit” in response to overwhelming public rejection of its advice that girls who are uncomfortable sharing their intimate spaces with penises should be lectured about their transphobia. A similar toolkit is now the subject of a High Court case and you can contribute to that effort here
- Liz Truss, the UK minister for equalities, announced last Thursday that she will be making policy changes to the way children are treated for gender dysphoria. Rather than unquestioning affirmation of supposed gender identity in ever-younger children, the policy pushed by transgender lobbying organizations, the new rules are expected to shift the clinical emphasis to “watchful waiting,” a standard of care that avoids unnecessary and irreversible pediatric transitions. Predictably, Conservatives are pleased while a certain (older, male) tranche of trans activists is extremely upset at the “attack on trans kids”
- We need a word for men who are arrested for sex crimes against women and girls, but who are then reported as “women” in headlines. Any suggestions?
- This is your weekly reminder to support Vancouver Rape Relief, a charity that gives women a safe place to stay and heal after trauma, in response to local transgender politician Morgane Oger’s smear campaign and successful efforts to defund the organization because they exclude men from their volunteer work. Click here to support that work
- Did you want further evidence that gender transition turns people with healthy bodies into drug-dependent profit centers for big pharma? Here you go
- Republicans are starting to realize that when you put the consequences of “gender identity” legislation in the question — for example, asking voters whether they approve of men playing women’s sports in regards to an LGBT referendum in Michigan — they overwhelmingly reject the Democratic Party’s position
- Dr. Jessica Taylor has a new book out explaining “Why Women are Blamed for Everything” when it comes to violence and trauma, so of course she has come under relentless attack from men’s rights activists both right and left. You can order the book from Barnes and Noble here or Amazon here. You can order the book in the UK through her website
- This week’s gender creepshow is the WikiHow page on “passing” as a woman. Did you know that “showering is the first step to looking like a woman”? Really! You see, “females are known for having smooth skin, clean and shiny hair, and a clean body.” Also plucked eyebrows, manicured nails, and attractive makeup. Because nothing says “woman” quite like the sexist stereotypes of the male gaze
You Look Happy pic.twitter.com/U3u6qu9NQZ
— Tatsuya Ishida (@TatsuyaIshida9) April 27, 2020